Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Director-General of Tinubu Support Groups Management Council, Abdulmumin Jibrin has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). Jibrin, a former House of Representatives member from Kiru/Bebeji in Kano State, announced his decision on Saturday.
2. The Federal Government has appealed to airline operators to reconsider their stance on shutting down, saying such action would have a multiplier effect on the already “distressed economy”. Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, made the appeal in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. James Odaudu.
3. Governor Godwin Emefiele of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says he has not taken a stance on the 2023 Presidency. In a series of tweets on Saturday, Emefiele thanked those who bought the APC nomination forms for him, saying if he decides to contest, he would use his personal resources to procure the N100m forms.
4. Chelsea, on Saturday morning, officially confirmed Todd Boehly as the club’s new owner. In a statement via their website, the Premier League giants confirmed that terms have been agreed on for the new ownership group, led by Todd Boehly, to acquire the West London club.
5. As a precondition for submitting their expression of interest and nomination forms, presidential aspirants on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress has been asked to submit with the forms, the signatures of 10 statutory delegates from each state and the Federal Capital Territory.
6. There seems to be no end in sight to the internal wranglings rocking the ruling party, All Progressive Congress, APC in Kano State as the aggrieved G7 factional leader, Ahmadu Danzago dragged the APC state Chairman, Abdullahi Abbas and Secretary, Ibrahim Sarina before a Federal High Court sitting in Kano.
7. President of the African Development Bank, AfDB, Akinwumi Adesina, has joined the contest for the presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC. A coalition of 28 groups raised the N100 million to purchase the presidential nomination and expression of interest forms for the former Agriculture Minister.
8. The Nigeria Police Force has arrested an officer caught in a viral video, singing, dancing, and brandishing a rifle in praise of a particular confraternity (cult). The officer has been identified as Corporal Matthew Isaac, attached to the Ebonyi State Police Command.
9. Azman Air has announced an indefinite suspension of its flights across the nation. This is in compliance with the directive of the Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) to shut operations over the hike in aviation fuel.
10. Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamfara State has called for special prayers that would restore peace in the state. Matawalle said his administration was doing all it could to end the banditry activities in the state.