Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Ibrahim Attahiru, yesterday, died in an air crash with some of his aides. The Nigerian Army confirmed the incident in a statement.
2. President of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Abdullahi Bello Bodejo yesterday instructed Fulani herdsmen not to obey the prohibition of open grazing as recently declared by the Southern Governors. In an interview on Friday, he accused the governors of planning to take over the cattle business.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness and shock over the air crash that claimed the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, and other military officers. This was contained in a statement by Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described the displacement of the values of honesty and hard work by the love for money and other material things as one of the causes of the problems facing Nigeria. Obasanjo said this on Friday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
5. The acting Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has put the commissioners of police in the Federal Capital Territory and Plateau State on the alert over imminent attacks by Boko Haram members. The alert was contained in a circular dated May 19, 2021.
6. The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timiprye Sylva, has said the federal government is not in a hurry to increase the pump price of petrol. Sylva said this in a statement while reacting to the recommendation of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) that fuel price should be between N380 and N408.5 per litre.
7. Governors elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) have ruled out zoning, saying party members from any part of the country are free to contest for any position in the 2023 general election. This was declared in a statement issued by the Chairman of the forum, the Kebbi State Governor, Senator Atiku Bagudu.
8. Lagos State Governor and Visitor to the Lagos State University (LASU), Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, yesterday, ordered the immediate dissolution of the Lagos State University Governing Council.
9. The US State Department for Justice has said the Islamic State in West Africa Province will not get the $7million bounty it placed on Abubakar Shekau, leader of the Boko Haram sect. The State Department stated this while reacting to the alleged death of Shekau.
10. Some unknown armed men on Friday attacked an expatriate in Umuahia, Abia State and killed his police orderly and driver. The Police Public Relations Officer in Abia, SP Godfrey Ogbonna confirmed the incident.
General Attahiru’s death: Nigeria going through difficult time – US
Get more stories like on Facebook, Twitter.
You can share and comment on the post.
For more inquiry, You can visit our website at www.cdanewsonline.com
We promote business also space for advertisement.
We provide the best medium to reach out to the world.
News Or Advert Contact Us by Email email@example.com., WhatsApp 234805410984 Facebook page CDA news.