Good morning dear readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has said Emirates Airline will recommence flight operations in Nigeria very soon. Keyamo, disclosing this via his X account on Sunday, said he met some top officials of the United Arab Emirates’ flag carrier, adding that they will reveal the exact date to begin operations.
2. The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja has nullified the election of Governor Caleb Muftwang of Plateau State. A three-member panel, in a unanimous decision on Sunday, held that Muftwang was not validly sponsored by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as provided by Section 285(2) of the Nigerian Constitution.
3. Seven years after he escaped from prison custody following his conviction for drug dealing, a notorious major distributor of illicit substances within the FCT, Abuja, Ibrahim Momoh, popularly known as Ibrahim Bendel, has been re-arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) during a raid of his hideout at Filin Dabo, Dei-Dei area of the FCT.
4. The Petroleum Tanker Drivers arm of the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, on Sunday, threatened to pull out of NUPENG. PTD declared that it would pull out of the oil union if NUPENG’s National President, Williams Akporeha, and its General Secretary, Olawale Afolabi, failed to resign from their positions.
5. The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume, weekend, said the ruling All Progressives Congress in Benue State would not allow anyone to run away with the party’s mandate again. Akume stated this at the party’s stakeholders meeting held at Government House, Makurdi. The SGF, who was represented by one of the elders of the party, Simon Shango, said the party was determined to ensure peace and unity in its ranks.
6. About one-third of those who applied to join the police in the ongoing recruitment process have been rejected. The Police Service Commission (PSC) said yesterday that 190,741 of the 547,774 applicants were dropped for failure to meet conditions such as age, inappropriate credentials and inadequate physical fitness.
7. Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu yesterday dared his boss, Governor Godwin Obaseki, by unfolding his ambition to succeed him next year on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Explaining why he threw his hat into the ring, he said “Edo needs a practical leader.”
8. A faction of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) led by Ugochukwu Ofoegbu in Imo State has directed its members and pensioners who have not been paid their salaries to forward their details. The information will be passed on to the National Security Adviser (NSA) Nuhu Ribadu, who is intervening in the Labour-state government face-off.
9. President Bola Tinubu on Sunday landed in Berlin, Germany to attend the G20 Compact with Africa Conference scheduled for Monday. The President’s official plane, the Nigeria Air Force 1 touched down at the Willy Brandt Berlin Brandenburg International Airport in Berlin at about 1.17 am on Sunday.
10. The father of the Vice Chairman of Kwali Area Council of the FCT, Alhaji Mohammed Yakubu, a pregnant woman and five others have been abducted by gunmen in Yewuti village of the council. It was learnt that a villager, Hussaini Kure, was shot dead during the attack.
For publication of your news content,
Advertise with us, Contact us at +234803-098-0314.
Please Kindly Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our content.
©2019-2023 CDA News Media Limited