On the 30th of June 2021, Abia North Stakeholders after our General Town Hall meeting held at Udumeze Town Hall, Elu Ohafia, Ohafia Local Governnment Area of Abia State unanimously issue the following Communiqué:
1. That we are happy with Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and his laudable achievements, especially in the area of infrastructural upgrade of Aba the commercial nerve center of the state and the entire state and that we are steadfast in our support for him, which we have demonstrated twice in 2015 and 2019.
2. That, standing on the provisions of the 1999 constitution as amended, we maintain that the Governorship seat has always rotated in Abia state within the three senatorial zones just as it is obtainable in the 36 states of the federation and that the former Governors have always ensured it is adhered to.
3. That we are not privy to any other rotational pattern other than the Senatorial arrangement and will not subscribe to any strange and primordial zoning arrangement that is neither constitutional nor known to law.
4. That as always, we are unshaken on our resolve that as a matter of equity, justice and fairness that power should return to Abia North by 2023, having patiently waited for 16 years in order to allow her sister senatorial zones to take their turn.
5. That Abia state Governorship has never been determined by money, threats, intimidation and the use of the instrumentality of the power and influence of the state Government and her agencies and employees.
6. That we are therefore bemused by a recent communiqué released by purported Ukwa La Ngwa Elders Council, wherein they sought to dishonor an agreement they reached with Ndi Abia North on the 5th of March 2019 that they will support Abia North In 2023 after Dr. Ikpeazu.
[See Appendix A : List of Ukwa Ngwa Elders and Abia North Leaders that entered into this agreement]
7. That It on record that apart from the agreement reached with the powerful delegation sent by Ukwa la Ngwa Elders, that the Crème de la Crème of the traditional Rulers from Ukwa Ngwa extraction also sent a delegation to Abia North Traditiobal Rulers where the same agreement was reached that they will support Abia North in 2023 once Governor Ikpeazu is…!