Our attention has been drawn to a statement credited to Hon Ginger Onwusibe, claiming he will not recognize the Most Distinguished Senator Austin Akobundu as the Senator representing Abia Central Senatorial district. Onwusibe reportedly made these remarks at his country home, Ntigha in Isiala Ngwa North, while addressing a crowd of his supporters.
1. We, the media team of the Most Distinguished Senator of Abia Central Senatorial district, view Ginger Onwusibe’s outburst as nonsensical and a new low in representation by a supposed Representative of Isiala Ngwa North/Isiala Ngwa South at the country’s National Assembly.
2. To clarify, we wish to establish that Senator Austin Akobundu does not require recognition from Ginger Onwusibe to operate and serve the people of Abia Central and the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the Red Chambers. What matters is the Senator’s commitment to serving the people of Abia Central, which includes Isiala Ngwa North/Isiala Ngwa South Federal constituency, a commitment that Ginger Onwusibe fails to acknowledge.
3. Ginger Onwusibe’s claim that Senator Austin Akobundu did not win in his polling unit during the February 25, 2023 Senatorial election is baseless and indicative of ignorance, mischief, missteps, and blackmail, which have been hallmarks of Ginger’s years of spreading falsehoods in Abia’s political space. We challenge Ginger to provide evidence supporting his claim that the Most Distinguished Senator Austin Akobundu failed in his polling booth.
4. The results of the February 25 Senatorial election, as published by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), clearly show that the Most Distinguished Senator Austin Akobundu secured victory in his Polling Unit (001), his Ward (Oloko Ward 1), and Ikwuano LGA. The Senator, as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), recorded remarkable success in all LGAs in the election, results that were largely skewed in favor of Ginger’s party man. Some of the Wards that make up Abia Central from the Ngwa bloc recorded inconclusive elections, while some had no elections at all. Yet, these election results were declared.
5. In his usual unguarded vituperations, Ginger did not spare the Court of Appeal that provided justice to correct all the anomalies that were perpetuated before and during the poll. The role of the Court is to dispense justice without fear of contradiction.
6. Ginger should understand that making unguarded statements against a man of credibility, competence, acceptability, candor, integrity, and wide reach/contacts will not augur well or move Abia Central Senatorial district or Abia State forward. It will neither engender a cordial working relationship between him and the Most Distinguished Senator nor attract infrastructural development to both the district and the state.
7. However, we firmly believe that for Abia Central and the state to move forward, Ginger must rid himself of deep-rooted animosity against the Most Distinguished Senator Akobundu. He (Ginger) should also free himself from some of these infantile and reckless vituperations that give him away as a toddler sitting on an exalted seat that does not befit him.
The Most Distinguished Senator Austin Akobundu.
For publication of your news content,
Advertise with us, Contact us at +234803-098-0314.
Please Kindly Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our content.
©2019-2023 CDA News Media Limited