Gov.Ikpeazu is slated to meet with leaders of Ukwa West local government area on Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 at the Governor’s Lodge, Aba.
This comes as the governor calls for calm from all the parties involved in the crisis in Owaza, Ukwa West LGA, urging them to give peace a chance and allow the State Government an opportunity to find a solution to the matter.
Ikpeazu expresses serious concerns regarding the ongoing reprisal attacks in Owaza by soldiers of the Nigerian Army following the alleged killing of their colleague in the community.
The governor in a release signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Onyebuchi Ememanka tasks the soldiers to show a high level of patriotism and not allow the situation to degenerate any further, as the State Government continues to engage the leadership of the Army on the issue.
Those expected to grace the crucial meeting with the governor are:
1.Member representing Ukwa West at the State House of Assembly
2. The Executive Chairman of Ukwa West LGA
3. All serving State political appointees from Ukwa West LGA
4. All Traditional Rulers from Ukwa West LGA
5. The President – General of the Asa Improvement Union
6. The Leader, Ukwa West Legislative Council