Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has dared the Aso Rock “cabals” he believes are opposed to the Presidential ambition of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2023 presidential election. The governor spoke with BBC Hausa on Thursday.
2. A terrorist, Kachalla Balleri, has said that his gang has purchased weapons with new notes. Balleri is one of the most wanted terrorists’ leaders terrorizing some areas of Zamfara, Katsina and Kaduna States and some parts of Niger Republic. He was shown in a video flaunting the newly redesigned naira notes.
3. A Federal High Court in Abuja yesterday ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to accept the nomination of candidates of the Labour Party in 24 States for the 2023 general elections. Justice Inyang Ekwo gave the order on Thursday, while delivering judgment in the suit filed by LP to challenge the non-recognition of its candidates in 24 States.
4. Many persons are currently trapped in a three-storey building that collapsed at 4th Avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja, on Thursday morning. At least two persons have been confirmed dead while efforts are being made to rescue other victims.
5. The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a 20-year-old apprentice, Josiah Godwin, for allegedly hacking his master, Saviour Joseph, to death at Imafon community, in the Akure South Local Government Area of the State. It was gathered that the suspect, after killing the deceased, dumped his corpse in a well at a site where they were working.
6. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday directed banks to commence the payment of the redesigned Naira notes over the counter, subject to a maximum daily payout limit of N20,000. Director Corporate Communication, CBN, Osita Nwanisobi disclosed this in a statement, adding that the apex bank will collaborate with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to prosecute abusers and sellers of the naira notes.
7. The Director-General of the Atiku-Okowa Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Campaign Council in Rivers State, Abiye Sekibo, has alleged that the State Governor, Nyesom Wike had ordered his loyalists and followers to support the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu. According to him, the aides are currently mobilizing voters for Tinubu.
8. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has denied reports that he attacked President Muhammadu Buhari during his campaign rally in Calabar, the Cross-River State capital. In a statement signed by Bayo Onanuga, Director, Media and Publicity, APC Presidential Campaign Council, Asiwaju insisted that he could not have made any disparaging statement against Buhari.
9. Justice O. A. Oresanya of a Lagos State High Court has awarded N5m damages against a singer, Ikuforijimi Abdulrahman, aka Oxlade, over a leaked explicit sex tape with a woman on a social media app, Snapchat. A sex tape of the singer went viral online on February 9, 2022, as the artiste later apologised to his fans.
10. A Kano State Sharia court sitting in Filin Hoki has remanded a popular Tiktoker, Murja Ibrahim Kunya, at a correctional facility for allegedly committing offenses contrary to Islamic teachings and threatening people on Tiktok
Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our Content