Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will officially flag off its presidential campaign for the 2023 elections in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, on Monday. It was gathered that all arrangements have been concluded and party bigwigs, including the Presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, have arrived in Uyo, the State capital.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday, October 10, 2022, attend the investiture ceremony of Mahamat Idriss Deby Itno as President of the Transitional Team in the Republic of Chad for two years. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, announced this in a statement issued on Sunday.
3. Kano metropolis is currently filled with crowds ahead of the commissioning of a campaign office of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP). Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, the party’s presidential candidate, is on the ground to commission the campaign office on Monday.
4. Residents of Amutenyi village in Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State were plunged into mourning weekend when the lifeless bodies of five family members were found in an apartment in the Obollo-Afor community. The State police command has commenced an investigation to unravel the mystery behind the unnatural deaths.
5. Two suspected internet fraudsters, otherwise known as Yahoo boys, have confessed to the police how they kidnapped a 40-year-old man and killed him for a money-making ritual. Police Public Relations Officer in Ogun, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspects told the police that the victim Abdullahi Azeez, was dismembered after they took his life.
6. Former Deputy Governor to the immediate past Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, Yetunde Onanuga, has joined the incumbent Governor Dapo Abiodun’s camp of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the State. Onanuga was said to have also pledged her support for the second-term ambition of the Abiodun administration.
7. The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has notified healthcare providers and the public of the death of 66 children in the Gambia following the use of four substandard cough syrups as reported by WHO in September 2022. According to the agency, the four products are Promethazine Oral Solution, Kofexmalin Baby Cough Syrup, Makoff Baby Cough Syrup, and Magrip N Cold Syrup.
8. Eleven persons died, while six others sustained injuries in two separate accidents in Plateau and Niger States, over the weekend. In Jos, eight persons lost their lives, and two others got injured in a road crash involving a Toyota Hiace bus and a Honda Pilot SUV along Lamingo road in Jos, Plateau State.
9. The Coordinator of the Tinubu/Shettima Support Group for the North-East, Tijani Tumsah yesterday, has said that the All Progressive Congress presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has the autonomy to decide which events he will attend. Tumsah who said this while speaking on a TV political show lamented attacks on Tinubu for being absent from some political functions recently.
10. Police operatives from the Kwara State command on Sunday said they arrested three suspects who allegedly robbed and raped some female students of the Kwara State University, Malete, in the Moro Local Government Area of Kwara State. The suspects are Ridwan Abdulfatai (20); Ibrahim Akorede (25) and Aliyu Apalado (25), all from the Oke Fomo area, Ilorin.
Follow us for more breaking news and videos. Contact us on Whatsapp at +2348030980314