Good morningReaders Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Abiodun Oyebanji of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was yesterday sworn-in as the governor of Ekiti State. The former Secretary to the State Government, SSG, was sworn in by the State Chief Judge, Justice Oyewole Adeyeye at the State Government House.
2. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, on Sunday told the people of Ekiti State to reject the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar and that of the Labour Party (LP) ), Peter Obi. He spoke at the swearing-in ceremony of Abiodun Oyebanji as the governor of Ekiti State.
3. Following the suspension of the strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, findings by our correspondent revealed that public universities across the country have made plans for special meetings of senate councils in preparation for examinations and resumption.
4. The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has come under fire following his advice to Northerners that they should vote for him in the 2023 election because he hails from the northern region. Atiku, during an interactive session with the Arewa Joint Committee in Kaduna on Saturday, told his audience not to support a Yoruba or Igbo candidate in 2023.
5. The immediate past Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, on Sunday urged security operatives to investigate those impersonating him and forging his signature. In a statement made available to journalists, Ihedioha said a voice note circulating online where he was allegedly issuing threats and a letter to the Minister of Justice, urging him not to release the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, were “criminally” forged to put him at daggers drawn with the people.
6. Presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has distanced himself from the Arewa Joint Committee interactive session with presidential candidates. Several groups including the Arewa Consultative Forum, Arewa House, Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation, Northern Elders Forum and Arewa Research and Development Project, are the organisers of the presidential interactive session.
7. Dr Mustapha Inuwa, a key member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Katsina State, has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He made this known at his campaign office in Katsina on Sunday after meeting with hundreds of his supporters and groups, who were chanting songs of solidarity on his capacity and ability to shape the politics of the State.
8. A group, Arewa Citizens’ Watch for Good Governance (ACWGG) on Sunday asked the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu to resign over an alleged compromise of the voters register under his watch. Chairman of the group, Mohammed Grema Adamu who stated this in a statement yesterday, further alleged the registration of foreigners.
9. Edo State government, yesterday, said it removed three Heads of Local Government Administration, HOLGA, because they failed to comply with directives that vehicles above 30 tons should not be allowed to pass through roads constructed and maintained by the State government.
10. Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has denied receiving a private jet donation for his campaign from former Minister of Defense, Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (rtd). Reacting to speculations that Gen. Danjuma donated a Challenger 605 Bombardier jet for his campaign, Obi said on his verified twitter handle that he has never received such an offer and that the reports are false.
Follow us for more breaking news.
Share, like and comment on our content. Contact us on Whatsapp +2348030980314