Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Monday, warned Nigerians that if the Federal Government kept withholding their pay, a new crisis would break out in the country’s universities. The University of Ilorin, ASUU Chairman, Prof. Moyosore Ajao, raised the alarm at a special congress of the local branch held at the university’s main auditorium on Monday.
2. The All Progressives Congress and the Osun State House of Assembly yesterday tackled the new Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, over the six Executive Orders he signed on Monday. They condemned the new governor for reversing some appointments and job recruitments made by his predecessor, Gboyega Oyetola.
3. The Nigerian National Merit Award has stated that the 32 nominees for the 2022 edition were not qualified. The quasi-academic agency said the nominees did not pass the prerequisite exam.
4. Aminu Mohammed, the student arrested for allegedly criticising First Lady Aisha Buhari on Twitter, says he was beaten and taken to the Presidential Villa in Abuja. According to his father, Mohammed, who is a student of the Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State, said this when he called him from detention.
5. The Federal Government has advised Nigerians traveling to US, UK and some European countries to be wary of thieves targeting their passports, money and other valuables. Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, gave the advice on Monday in Abuja while speaking at the fifth edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration scorecard, 2015-2023.
6. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, has refuted allegations of budget padding by some ministries, departments and agencies. The minister noted that the funds in question were only wrongly captured in the budget estimates submitted to the National Assembly.
7. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, is set to suspend his campaign and town hall engagements for at least eight days to embark on a tour of some selected Western countries. The candidate, according to a series of tweets by the APC Presidential Campaign Council, would be out of the country between December 4 and 12.
8. The Abuja division of the Court of Appeal has affirmed the judgment of a Federal High Court in Damaturu, Yobe State, which declared Bashir Machina as the genuine candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yobe North senatorial district. In a ruling, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem of the appellate court dismissed the appeal filed by the Senate President, Ahmed Lawal, for lacking in merit.
9. Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has said Nigeria, under the leadership of the All progressives Congress (APC), is bleeding and required a qualified individual to rescue it from collapsing. He said the people were hungry, while insecurity has taken over every part of the country.
10. Former governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Kaduna State, Sani Mahmood Sha’aban, yesterday, dumped the party. The son-in-law to President Muhammadu Buhari said he decided to dump the party because it has no regard for the rule of law.
Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our Content.