Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the Kebbi State governorship election inconclusive. In Kebbi, the commission said the election was declared inconclusive because of massive cancellation and over-voting in 20 out of the 21 local government areas of the state.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commissioner (INEC) has declared Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the winner of Saturday’s governorship poll in Ogun State. The Returning Officer, Prof Kayode Adebowale announced him the winner after collation of results from all the 20 LGs in the state.
3. Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Sokoto, Ahmed Aliyu, has been declared winner of the 2023 elections. Aliyu defeated Sa’idu Umar Ubandoma, his Peoples Democratic (PDP) rival.
4. The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ezza North Local Government Area, Peter Nweke, who was allegedly beaten by thugs suspected to be loyal to the ruling All Progressives Congress in Ebonyi State, is dead. Nweke reportedly died from injuries he sustained from attacks by hoodlums on Saturday, during the elections.
5. The Governor of Lagos State and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, was in the early hours of Monday declared the winner of the governorship election held on Saturday, March 18.
6. The Speaker of the Yobe State House of Assembly, Ahmed Lawan, who has been a lawmaker since 2003, was sacked from the Nguru II Constituency seat by 36-year-old candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Lawan Musa.
7. Yola, the Adamawa state capital is in turmoil as political thugs and miscreants unleashed terror, attacks and all sorts of criminal tendencies on the citizens following the inability of INEC to declare the governorship election results. Trouble began at the Collation Center in INEC headquarters a moment after the Returning Officer of the poll, Professor Mohammed Mele announced the shifting of the declaration of the results to Monday morning.
8. Labour Party (LP) has alleged attempts to rob it of governorship victory in Abia and Enugu states. It also claimed it was being rigged out in the contest for Edo State House of Assembly seats, saying it was reviewing the polls and putting evidence of infractions in place to name and shame all democratic criminals.
9. Thugs on Sunday evening invaded the Obingwa Local Government Area (LGA) office in Abia State, venue of the collation centre for Gubernatorial and State Assembly election. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) raised the alarm in a tweet on Sunday evening.
10. The Collation officer, Professor Muhammad Yushau for Kura LGA in Kano state yesterday collapsed at the entrance of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, headquarters and was rushed to an undisclosed hospital
Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our Content