Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Bola Tinubu, will on Monday meet lawmakers-elect of the National Assembly from opposition parties over the leadership tussle. Opposition Senators-elect and House of Representatives members-elect from the Peoples Democratic Party, and Labour Party among other opposition parties are expected to meet with President Tinubu at the State House in Abuja.
2. Former President Muhammadu Buhari has submitted his assets declaration form to the Code of Conduct Bureau. His media aide, Garba Shehu, made this known on Saturday in a Twitter post as he shared a photo of the acknowledgment slip from the CCB, where he revealed that Buhari had taken no loan and had no liabilities.
3. The Federal Capital Territory Administration on Saturday demolished the UTC Shopping Complex at Area 10, in the Garki area of Abuja. Shop owners said the Joint Task Force of the FCTA stormed the area in the early hours of the day and barred them from taking valuable items from their shops before the demolition began.
4. An Akwa Ibom State High Court sitting in Uyo has sentenced three women to death for kidnapping three children in Uyo and selling them off in Aba, Abia State, for N1.1 million. The convicts, Enobong Sunday, 38, Gertrude Akpan, 48, and Mary James, 49, were sentenced to death by Justice Gabriel Ette.
5. Governor Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi State has terminated the appointment of political officeholders made by his predecessor, Chief David Umahi. This is contained in a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Dr. Monday Uzor, and made available to newsmen on Saturday night.
6. Kano State Governor, Abba Kabir Yusuf, early on Saturday, began the demolition of structures allegedly built on public lands. His Chief Press Secretary, Sanusi Bature Dawakin-Tofa confirmed the development in a statement to reporters.
7. The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike was conspicuously absent at a one-day retreat for elected officials under the Peoples Democratic Party which is ongoing at the Banquet Hall, Government House in Bauchi State. His absence has fueled the rumor of his alleged planned defection from the party.
8. Alhaji Usman Jidda Shuwa, Borno’s immediate past Secretary to State Government, is dead. Shuwa, who until May 28, is Governor Babagana Umara Zulum’s SSG, passed away after a brief illness.
9. At least 13 people have been killed in an attack by yet-to-be-identified gunmen in communities of Benue State. Residents of Imande Mbakange community and other neighboring communities in Mbacher Council Ward of Kastina-Ala Local Government Area alleged that the attack was carried out by local militias who have long terrorized the vicinity.
10. The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has knocked President Ahmed Bola Tinubu for removing fuel subsidies without providing palliatives and discussing with the affected sectors of the economy before the decision was taken.
Follow us for breaking News, Read, Like, and Share our content