The presidential flagbearer of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has suspended his 2023 presidential campaign.
The former Anambra governor made this known when he visited the Benue State Governor in Abuja on Wednesday.
His decision was birthed by the plight of citizens who were affected by the flood that caused havoc in several places in the country last week.
Obi also called on the presidential candidates of Peoples Democratic Party, and the ruling All Progressives Congress, Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu to follow suit.
According him, if the candidates can purchase their expression forms for millions of Naira, they should be able to render help to the victims who lost their properties during the flooding.
He said, “I personally stopped and told my people no more campaign, until we are able to visit some of the sites, at least sympathise with those going through problems.
I came to take permission and ask him (Ortom) that I want to visit some of the sites in Benue as I am going to do in one or two other states.
I am also calling other presidential candidates to stop campaigning and see what we can do.
If we can buy our forms for millions of naira, we should have some little thing to go, now that people are suffering, and at least show sympathy with them and then we can continue.”
Follow us for more breaking news.
Share, like, and comment on our content. Contact us on Whatsapp at +2348030980314