Home NPF Police attribute death of two Unizik students to carbon monoxide poisoning

Police attribute death of two Unizik students to carbon monoxide poisoning

The Anambra State Police Command has attributed the death of two students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University whose corpses were found in a room on Sunday night to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The students, male and female, were discovered in their room after their neighbours sensed an offensive stench coming from the room, only for the door to be forced open and their bodies discovered.

In a press release by the state police command’s spokesperson, DSP Toochukwu Ikenga, the command said a comprehensive investigation into the incident has been ordered but also stated that preliminary investigation points to carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the use of a small power generating set which emitted smoke into the apartment.

Ikenga in his press release said: “The Commissioner of Police CP Echeng Echeng today 21st February 2022 wishes to enlighten the general public, especially Ndi Anambra on the dangers of carbon monoxide.

“It’s a dangerous substance that is very toxic to health. This substance when inhaled can cause serious damage to the body and can lead to death. The substances mostly emanate from generators, water heaters, coal-burning appliances or any gasoline-powered engine.”

He said the CP issued the warning after the discovery of two lifeless bodies in an apartment in Awka, and that he has ordered a comprehensive investigation into the discovery at a students’ lodge.

“Preliminary investigation reveals fumes from the generator was strongly perceived from the room when the door was forcefully opened by police officers that responded to the distress call. Meanwhile, the recovered bodies were deposited in the morgue and no mark of violence was found on them.

“However the command urges the general public, most especially the generator users to keep them away at a safe distance from the window/any place the fumes can penetrate into the house, to avoid such poisonous fumes like carbon monoxide affecting the ventilation of the house,” he said.

Chinweuba Anyaragbuhttps://cdanewsonline.com
BEST SELLING BLOG THEME OF ALL TIMES. Follow us for more breaking news . Share,, like and Comment on our contents

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Police assure parties of level playing ground in Kano

Police in Kano State have assured maximum security and a level playing ground for all political parties to ensure peaceful electioneering processes. This was contained...

My husband only candidate with strong support for women – Rukaiya Atiku

Princess Rukaiya Atiku Abubakar, wife of former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), for the 2023 presidential election, Atiku...

Imo boxer dies inside ring at National Sports Festival

has hit the ongoing National Sports Festival in Asaba, the Delta State capital, following the death of a boxer representing Imo State, Chukwuemeka Igboanugo. Chukwuemeka...

Portugal coach speaks on dropping Ronaldo against Morocco

Portugal coach, Fernando Santos has refused to guarantee Cristiano Ronaldo will start their quarter-final clash against Morocco at the 2022 World Cup. Ronaldo was dropped...

Recent Comments