PROFILE Of Prof. IBE, GREGORY IKECHUKWU CHARLES, (Chief) Ph.D. MNIM, M.INST.D, MICSB, MCIM, M.Sc, Ph.D. OFFER
Functional Summary Prof Gregory Ibe is a well-rounded driver of human capital development, as well as an internationally acclaimed entrepreneur of repute.
●The proprietor of a university and educational revolutionary;
●The CEO of Skill “G” Nigeria Limited, a partnership to supply from Israel science and technology education equipment and allied instructional materials with capacity building for usage, maintenance, and appropriate pedagogy;
The major driver of several initiatives, including engagements with the Federal Ministry of Education, that now influence the teaching-learning of science and technology at all levels of education in Nigeria;
An international consultant who has remained a powerful Peace Ambassador between national governments in Africa;
A highly regarded investor and businessman, with strong links across Europe, the US, the Middle East, and Africa.
1. Santa Ana, CA., USA, Ph.D., Management (2006).
2. California Coast University, M.Sc. Healthcare Management, (2003).
3. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, B.Sc. Marketing, (1999).
4. School of Accountancy and Management Studies, Aba, Nd, Accountancy, (1985)
5. Strategic Digital Support Ltd., Lagos, ND, Computer Science, (1985).
6. Boys High School, Ihube, WASC/GCE, ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels
Currents Exposure and Experience
1. Chancellor/Founder Gregory University, Uturu
2. Deputy Chair Person- Africa Songhai Africa Region
3. UN Consultant: Overseeing 12 Agencies of the UN
4. Co-Founder – Educational Transformative Centre For Africa (ECOWAS)
5. Chairman -Proprietors of Private Universities in Nigeria
6. Chairman –CITEC Nigeria Limited
7. Consultant–Education and Youth Transformation (ECOWAS)
8. MD/CEO – Innovative and Research Centre Abuja
9. Director- Songhai Nigeria Partnership Initiative Ltd.
10. Nigerian Rep. Songhai Integrated Farms, Porto Novo, Republic of Benin
11. Director- Songhai Partnership Initiative Ltd. (GTE)
Other Related Engagements
1. From 1999 till Date
Skill ‘G’ Nigeria Limited
Hamilton Holding inc.
Hamilton Engineering Nig. Ltd
HHI Nig. Ltd.
2. Director and Major Shareholder in the following Turnkey Projects:
(a). Provision and upgrade of 250 Skills Acquisition Centres and job creation initiatives in 36 states of the federation, plus the FCT.
(b). Construction of Abia State Specialist Hospital.
(c). Development of 35 Hands-On Training Modules for NAPEP/UNDP.
(d). Construction of Imo (now Abia) State university complex.
(e). Collaboration on Community Skills Acquisition Centres;
(f). Supply of equipment for Community Skills Acquisition Centres;
(g). Consultant, Data Science, National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI)under the Obasanjo Presidency
(h). Consultant on Medical Simulation to the National Universities Commissio0n (NUC).
Other Hands-On Management Positions
Deputy Manager, ITE (Nig.) Ltd, A subsidiary of Globe International Holdings, S.A., of Switzerland (1996- 1998).
●Marketing educational and scientific training equipment;
●Setting up of a private telecom company licensed by NCC and NITEL;
●Marketing of mechanical, electro-mechanical equipment and security systems.
Divisional Coordinator, Dizengoff (WA) Nig. Ltd (1992 – 1995)
●Development of the West African Regional Market (Lagos to the Gambia)
●Design, installation, and supervision of air conditioning lines
●Coordinating marketing activities for all salespersons and agencies in Nigeria
o Projects Handled
▪ Yobe State Television Projects
▪ Grain Silo Projects in Kano
▪ Abuja Sheraton Hotels and Towers
▪ NICON Hilton Abuja telecommunication projects
▪ Air conditioning of NNPC office complex
Marketing Representative (Eastern Nigeria)
Berkeley Pharmaceutical Ltd, London, and Nigeria (1991 – 1992).
Deputy Area Manager (Eastern Nigeria)
I.G.I.C. Nigeria Ltd. (1989 – 1991)
I.G.I.C. Nigeria Ltd., Abuja
International Generics and Industrial Construction, Nigeria Ltd. (an. Israeli-American Company)
Consultancy Assignments (Previous and ongoing).
●The Presidency: Design of initial Concept for Science and Technology Initiative.
Supply and delivery of science and technology laboratory kits for 226 Nigerian secondary schools.
●National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)/Federal Ministry of Education.
Consultant/Member, Presidential Committee on Entrepreneurial Education Development.
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology.
Consultant and Member of Committee on National Science Park.
Federal Ministry of Transport
Consultant/ Member, Presidential Committee the 2nd Maritime Academy.
Consultant on Constituting Rights Commission/Review of Voluntary Agencies Activities.
Federal Ministry of Commerce
Representative of UN Commission on Trade Development (UNCTAD).
The Presidency/Public Service Commission
Head of Service Consultant and committee member on Public Service reform.
Civil Service Reform and Education.
UNDP human. capital Development.
UNESCO science, human. capital and technology development.
COMMUNITY & PHILANTHROPIC ACTIVITIES
From 1991 to Date the Gregory Iyke Foundation was set up by Chief Gregory Ibe to carry out the following.
(1) Proprietor of the Uturu Royal Country Resort The membership is open to all Nigerians.
(2) Founded the Uturu Tourism Board, the custodian of the 3 Uturu caves and its tourism programs.
(3) Scholarship for undergraduates in the fields of Pharmacy. Medicine, in any Nigerian University. Awards for Uturu Youths.
(4) Scholarship Awards for 18 students in post-primary schools.Youths in Uturu Isiukwuato L.G.A. of Abia State.
(5) Sponsorship of annual football competitions and community games. The 30 Villages in Uturu.
(6) Airplane Pilot training and education scholarship program, for 7 students, in any aviation school in Nigeria and South Africa.
(7) Donation of over one million Naira worth of Computers and marketing lab equipment for the development of IT and marketing laboratory. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT)
(8) Construction of 16 Km Roads, with 14 bridges and 4 culverts. Linking Uturu and Lokpa in Isiukwuato and Umunneochi LGA of Abia State.
(9) Construction of 4 Km community internal roads surface dressing Uturu.
(10) Donation of virtual library costing NGN 10.00 million. Abia State University.
(11) Donation/partnership for the mortuary complex costing NGN 35.00 million. Abia State University.
(12) Donation of motorcycles for transportation. Low-income youth in Uturu.
(13) Provision of Medicare to the – 65 years and above –Tagged “Old People Stay Alive Programme”. Senior Citizens in Amokwe Achara, Uturu, Isuikwuato, ISUIKWATO L.G.A., Abia State
(14) Sports Development for Youths: Donation of trophies for annual football competition among youths (at home & abroad) during Christmas seasons. Uturu -Isuikwuato LGA Youths.
(15) Sponsorship of Autonomous Soccer competition. 16 Communities in Uturu- Isuikwuato LGA
(16) Sponsor of university NUGA Games TEAM ‘02 Abia State University.
(17) Sponsorship of annual sports week.
Sponsorship of Uturu (Igbo) Cultural Festival.
(18) Xpee Global Football Competition in Aba.
19) Sponsorship of Uturu Economic Summit
Sponsor/Organizer Igbo Uturu Cultural Carnival Uturu.
(20) In conjunction with the Israeli Embassy in Abuja.10,000 facemask/shields were distributed to Nigeria health workers.
(21) Awarded Scholarship to 150 Youths from 17 LGA of Abia State to Gregory University Uturu, worth over (Six Hundred and Twenty-five Million) Federal Ministry of Health
(22) Provided Palliatives to every ward in the 17 LGA’s of Abia State (3 times)
(23) Distributed Ambulances, Covid Test Kits, 850 bags of Rice to the Abia State Government
(24) Distributed Palliatives to the Imo state government, consisting of, Covid Test Kits, Catton’s of Indomie Noodles, Fumigation of Markets, etc. Abia State Citizens
(25) Donated Palliatives to Churches and Communities in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
(26) Donated Palliatives to Institutes of Learning Abuja Communities
1. Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) Award by EU Agencies, in Brussels.
2. Distinguished Abia State Indigenes Award, a youth’s fellow award for mentoring and development of the youth
3. Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow for Assistance to Humanities,
4. Abia State University Special Award for Support to Development of the University.
5. Abia State Government Award as “ Enyi Abia “
6. South-EAST NUJ media Award
7. N.T.An Award for contribution to the development of science and technology Education in Nigeria
8. National Award (OFR) Order of the Federal Republic
9. National Peace Award (Peace Ambassador)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
The Nigerian Institute of Directors, (M.INST.D).
The Nigerian Institute of Management, (M.N.I.M).
The Chartered Institute of Marketing, England (M.C.I.M) (U.K.).
The International Council for Small Business, AMERICA (M.I.C.S.B) (U.S.A)
ICSB Nigeria Chapter-SMEDAN.
Meeting people, traveling, listening to music, and dancing.
Place of Birth–Kaduna State, Nigeria
State of Origin–Abia State.
Marital Status Married, with children
Permanent Address–Royal Palace, Eluagu, Amokwe-Achara, Uturu Isuikwuato, LGA, Abia State P.O. Box 1012 Uturu.
Contact Address–No. 4A Asa Street, Off Gana Street, Maitama District, Abuja, FCT.