Home Breaking News The Joint Action Committee (JAC) both NASU & SSANU of Micheal...

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) both NASU & SSANU of Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike ended the Three days Protests as directed by the National.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) both Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities and Associated Institutions (NASU), the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian University (SSANU) of Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike and its members proceeded on a three-day protest over the sharing formula of the recently approved N22.127 billion earned allowances for the universities-based unions.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) both Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities and Associated Institutions (NASU), the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) commenced its three-day protest that ended today over the sharing formula of the recently approved N22.127 billion earned allowances .

The unions rejected the sharing formula where 75 per cent of the money was allocated to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU); leaving 25 per cent for the other unions.

During the protests the members were carrying play cards to expressed unfairness in the sharing formula Also calling on federal government intervention on the matter to harmonize the sharing ratio.

CDA News online gathered information that the protests was based on a memo to all the branches signed by the NASU general secretary, Prince Peters Adeyemi, and SSANU national president, Comrade Mohammad Ibrahim, its members across the country are to mobilize for a three-day protest starting from Wednesday, November 10, 2022.

Titled “Directive to embark on a three-day protest”, the memo read: “ held Zoom meeting on Monday, November 8, 2021, to review the latest development in our Universities and Inter-University Centres and decided as follows:

That all our branches should mandatorily call a general meeting of the JAC both NASU and SSANU on Wednesday, November 10, 2021, and from there, declare and commence a 3-day protest from Wednesday, 10th–Friday, November 12, 2021.

The protest was centred on the proposed provocative formula to be used for sharing the next tranche of N22.127b to be released by the Federal Government for the payment of Earned Allowance at the rate of 75% to Academics and 25% to Non-Teaching Staff should also be against the refusal on the part of the Federal Government to pay the Arrears of the Minimum Wage Consequential Adjustment as agreed at the last meeting of JAC with the Federal Government on August 26, 2021, at the Office of the Minister of Labour and Employment that the payment would be made to the members of NASU and SSANU before the end of October 2021.

The protest was on campuses and Press Conference was done by the JAC chairman and all the respective Union Heads .

During the protest protest the submitted letter to the Vice-Chancellors for transmission to the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Prayer Sessions, etc

The made their demands that affect members and asked Federal Government not to release that fund untill it is properly harmonize and shared within the respective unions.

Photos …..







Chinweuba Anyaragbuhttps://cdanewsonline.com
BEST SELLING BLOG THEME OF ALL TIMES. Follow us for more breaking news . Share,, like and Comment on our contents

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Scores of terrorists dead as Boko Haram, ISWAP clash in Lake Chad

An infighting between the late Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram and Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP), has reportedly left scores of...

Major 10 News update you need to know this Tuesday Morning

Good morning readers Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers: 1. A few days after endorsing the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku...

I was surprised – Messi reacts to Germany’s Elimination

Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has said he was surprised to see Germany get eliminated from the 2022 FIFA World Cup tournament. Recall that Germany was...

I have never lost any election – Tinubu fires back at Babachir Lawal

The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, says he has never lost any election he contested. Tinubu made the remark while criticizing the...

Recent Comments